Wednesday, December 21, 2011

toy box

So about two weeks ago I started redoing this toy box I had. I wanted it to match the theme I have going on in my main living area. Which my family and I just redid as well. So I sanded down all the spray paint. I got stain to put on it, however, it wasn't the color I wanted after staining, so instead of wiping off the stain, I put on a few lite coats and just left on to dry. As you can see, there are still some o the wood lines, but not at much. Meh...at least it the color I wanted. Lol. I also made that music paper. I wanted old and brunt paper, however was outta luck. So I googled up Beethoven 5th sheet music, and just Photoshop it to look old.  I wanted to print it out on reg paper, but the lady at the printer said she couldn't...not sure why..? Anyways, I just took the now photo papered sheet music, and tore the ends of and burnt them. Glue them on and then put a clear gloss of polyurethane on top. Oh also, I did the top also. Luckily if you buy curtains from Ikea, they only make curtains in sizes 92 to 126...so since one of my windows is not that big, I ended up cutting the curtains, and was unsure what to use the left over fabric for....and my lovely husband threw in the idea to recover the bench with it.  I still have lots of the curtain fabric left too! Any ways, here's photos of before and after.  I couldn't find any other photos of it from before, I should of taken one, but I didn't. So this is what it looked like when I first got it. I ended up painting it black and putting a purple/silver cover over it to put wii stuff in it. but now its back to toys. Lol.
 This was taken a few years ago.

After, I like this much better. 
However I wish I could get ride of the those heart cut outs....

No comments:

Post a Comment