Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mini Steam Punk Top Hat

So I found this idea on Craftster. I thought it would be great for the Vampire Ball. I changed my up a bit. Its made from cardboard and then I just glued on the black fabric, as you can see in the photo, my flash shows that the glue wasn't dry. LOL. Cutting the round pieces was a pain, but I got it. I then glue all the piece together once they had the fabric on it, and took some left over lace, ribbon and tulle and made the front piece. Once that was one, I put on the watch face and the watch hand. I made that watch face last year, but never knew what to do with him. So, hey look, a year later...lol, and I wanted to put both watch hands on it, but couldn't find the other till after I took photos. So I may put it on, or leave it. I wish I still had some bigger gears left over. Oh well its still cute and will look great at the ball. =)
Thanks for reading.



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My little steam punk pony

I really I have no close why I never did this before. I have a good friend that wanted to, and I was like nah....But maybe cause with those it wasn't just sewing or making them cloths. It was using clay and what not to restyle them into something else. But I deiced that a few of these would be cute in my downstairs. Anyways, here is a before photo

This is after. I recolored her body with ritdye

Made her a cute little top hat and a corset with bustle skirt. And gave her a new earring. 

Her hair is just pinned, so if I want to change it later I can. 
.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Shoes

So I was just looking though google a few weeks ago, and saw these. I thought they where so cute, and that I had to make a pair for my self.
So here is what I did.
Reg pair of shoes. Leather.

I sanded them down a bit so the glue would stick better. I ended up sanding a lot more then what is shown. But this could of done the job.

I took some crafters glue and tore up pieces of some music paper I had laying around.  I painted on the glue and put on the paper all over the show.

Then after it was dry, I painted on 2 coats of clear gloss polyurethane to help water proof it. It ended up shrinking the shoe about a half size, so next time I am only gonna do 1 coat. Then I glued on the lace for trim. =)